Monday, March 8, 2010

The perfect shoes


My friend Roxanne is getting married in late August of this year.

She's one of those independent, financially-responsible woman that never spend more than they need to on things. The other day she came to me with a problem.

She wanted gold shoes for her wedding but since she's strayed from everything her mom wanted her to do for her wedding and thinks her mom hates her (she said it!) she's decided she needs to go for the white shoes her mom is insisting she get.

Being the ever-prepared one that she is, she decided to get a head-start on the shoe shopping endeavour. Much to her dismay, she couldn't find a classy, low-heeled pair of white open-toed shoes anywhere, which is why this normally responsible woman has resorted to asking all of her friends if they would buy a pair of shoes for $295. I don't think she wanted me to tell her my Stuart Weitzman Story (see my previous blog post), but I did- and I digress to my last post ("...good girls go bad").

Roxanne spent just over $400 on her wedding dress, and I just persuaded her to spend $295
on this completely beautiful pair of Kate Spade wedding shoes...I told her she'd totally wear them again because I certainly would! Now, I'm going to have to force her to wear them but can you blame me for justifying the to her? I just hope I don't have to also persuade her fiance to love the shoes too.





No comments:

Post a Comment